A while back Spencer did an interview with the creator of ViewBix, an innovative new video player that expands the player functionality to include offers right within the player.
Tag Archives | youtube
The last week, I have been spending a lot of time tweaking the Google Analytics settings for Discount Cardstock to properly track eCommerce sales across our traffic sources.
This afternoon, Google completely updated the Analytics interface.
One of the things I noticed was Social Media Engagement was now brought into the forefront.
It seems it has been around since June, but I hadn’t really seen it in Analytics. With the introduction of G+, being able to track social media has become an important interest for Google.
There are two main keys to help you track your Social Media campaigns in Google Analytics.
First, we need to use Google’s tracking url generator to create custom urls that will collect the analytics data so we can tell what is actually happening.
Here is a video I created describing how to do that:
Custom URLs can be created to track performance of Facebook wall posts, Twitter Tweets and more including QR Code Scans with mobile phones.
Being able to track exactly where your traffic is coming from and in turn tracking conversions and engagement from that traffic is what makes the difference between wasting time and focusing your efforts on what works.
Next, to simplify our analysis of the collected data, we want to create advanced segments within Google Analytics to focus on just Social Media traffic.
Here is a video I created showing how to do that:
In this video, Kevin Davis from Social Traffic Lab show how to track social media engagement with the latest features in Google Analytics as well as how to set up custom advanced segments in Google Analytics to filter the data and look specifically at your social media traffic to gain better insight as to how your social media campaigns are working.
Hope you enjoyed the videos. Let me know below what you thought, and any questions you have.
Enter Your Email Below To Register
For Our Special Prelaunch List
For Upcoming Apps and Training
- New Viral Video Player From ViewBix.com October 25, 2011
- Merry Christmas From Social Traffic Lab December 25, 2011
- Using Fiverr To Outsource Fan Page Graphics December 11, 2011
- Local SEO Marketing Tip From The Ski Slopes January 3, 2012
- Video Update From Spencer In Southern California November 15, 2011
- Get More Subscribers With A YouTube Trailer September 12, 2013
- Best Facebook Post Types, Why Photos Are Not The Best… August 28, 2013
- Consulting Tip On Getting Paid More And Attracting Customers August 6, 2013
- Hyper-Targeting Facebook Ads With New Partner Categories May 2, 2013
- App Developer Academy Mindmap Released April 4, 2013
- Vic: Hi guys... Sorry for the late response but I did w...
- Nancy: Great tip for anyone that does not know about KML ...
- Magreth McGill: Excellent tip Michael and Spence, thank you... Enj...
- Martin: Thank you Michael for the tip and Spencer for arra...
- Magreth McGill: Hi Kevin, with great interest I read your post....